Sir William Hope (1660-1724) est l'auteur de:
- 1687 - The Scots Fencing Master - The Art of Defence and Pursuit, With the Small-Sword
- 1692 - The Sword Man's Vade Mecum; a Preservative against the Surprize, of a Sudden Attaque with Sharps...
- 1692 - The fencing-master's advice to his scholar
- 1707 - A New Short and Easy Method of Fencing: Or the Art of the Broad and Small-Sword Rectified and Compendiz'd
- 1715 - A Few Observations upon the Fighting for Prizes in the Bear Gardens
- 1724 - A Vindication of the True Art of Self-Defence
- 1725 - Observations on the Gladiator's Stage-Fighting